harmonics and slides (issue4186049)

From: percival . music . ca
Subject: harmonics and slides (issue4186049)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:21:27 +0000

initial review.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4186049/diff/1/Documentation/notation/fretted-strings.itely
File Documentation/notation/fretted-strings.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4186049/diff/1/Documentation/notation/fretted-strings.itely#newcode389
Documentation/notation/fretted-strings.itely:389: Please note that the
command @code{\harmonic} must always be defined inside a chord
construct. It only makes sense for open-string harmonics in the 12th
fret. All other harmonics should be calculated by LilyPond. This can be
achieved by indicating the fret where a finger of the fretting hand
should touch a string.
Could we get linebreaks at 72 characters, instead of having everything
on one line?

http://codereview.appspot.com/4186049/diff/1/Documentation/snippets/new/tablature-chord-glissando.ly
File Documentation/snippets/new/tablature-chord-glissando.ly (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4186049/diff/1/Documentation/snippets/new/tablature-chord-glissando.ly#newcode3
Documentation/snippets/new/tablature-chord-glissando.ly:3: \header {
We need some lsrtags in here.  See other files in
Documentation/snippets/new/ for examples.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4186049/diff/1/Documentation/snippets/new/tablature-chord-glissando.ly#newcode9
Documentation/snippets/new/tablature-chord-glissando.ly:9: % string
numbers are necessary for TabStaff because automatic
Any particular reason you don't want to include this text in the texidoc
string?  I think it might be useful to display it for readers.  The
texidoc doesn't need to be a single sentence.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4186049/diff/1/Documentation/snippets/new/tablature-fretted-string-harmonics.ly
File Documentation/snippets/new/tablature-fretted-string-harmonics.ly
(right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4186049/diff/1/Documentation/snippets/new/tablature-fretted-string-harmonics.ly#newcode9
Documentation/snippets/new/tablature-fretted-string-harmonics.ly:9: PH =
{
What does "PH" mean?  Is this a very typical abbreviation for
guitarists?  unless you think that everybody will understand it, it
might be nice to expand the name into something like "primaryHand" (if
that's what it means).

http://codereview.appspot.com/4186049/