Re: Fix 1229 Ensure space around prefatory matter (issue4187043)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Fix 1229 Ensure space around prefatory matter (issue4187043)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:36:06 +0000

On 2011/02/14 23:25:21, Keith wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:43:37 -0800, <mailto:address@hidden>
wrote:

> My only concern with these changes is the barline avoidance (which
you
> mention in the tracker as possibly a good thing).  There's one
regtest
> which shows the problem: in `song-melisma.ly', some extra space has
> appeared in the second bar around `daah'.

[...]
  This evening I'll put an image showing the effect on the tracker,
and ask explicitly whether this is a good thing or not.

Now I'm thinking it was foolish to worry about this.  If there is /any/
protrusion on the lyrics side of the staff, anywhere in the score, then
the PaperColumn skylines used for note-spacing are built as if lyrics
are spaced to clear that protrusion. The bar-lines then slide past this
assumed position of lyrics.

Whether bar-lines avoiding lyrics is good thing or not, no-one is likely
to ever see it in anything longer than a couple bars.

Does this argument put the patch in LGTM state?

http://codereview.appspot.com/4187043/