Re: Fret diagram fixes (issue4176056)

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Fret diagram fixes (issue4176056)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 17:44:20 +0100

Le 17 févr. 2011 à 17:17, address@hidden a écrit :

> Reviewers: carl.d.sorensen_gmail.com,
>
> Message:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a patch for fret diagrams, but as I have very little knowledge
> of them I may well be wrong on some points.
>
> First, it fixes sizing issues, when the size property is overridden: the
> xo signs became too big, and too far from the first fret. It seems that
> there was a unnecessary "* size".
>
> Then, it adds the possibility to use letters for fingers. On the book
> I'm reading, "P" is used for the thumb ("pouce" in French).
>
> A new feature is also to invert a dot color, on a per-dot basis. Also on
> the book I'm referring to, this is used to show where the fundamental
> note is on a chord.
>
> Finally, the patch adds a way to customize the first fret label.
> There is also a modification of the first fret label position, but maybe
> this is a mistake. Is the label supposed to be vertically centered with
> the fret line? or the bottom of the label should be aligned with the
> fret line? In the former case, I should cancel the modification.
>
> I'm posting pics in a follow up of this post, to illustrate these
> modifications.

The pictures.
In current version, the fret label position, the mute position and size are
not consistent between normal size and x3 size diagrams.

oh, the letter finger is already supported in current version, I was
mistaken.

\version "2.13.51"

BbSix = \markup\fret-diagram-verbose #'((place-fret 6 6 "P" inverted)
                                        (place-fret 5 8 2)
                                        (place-fret 4 8 2 inverted)
                                        (place-fret 3 7 1)
                                        (place-fret 2 8 3)
                                        (mute 1))

\markup \left-align \center-column
\override #'(fret-diagram-details . ((label-dir . -1)
                                     (finger-code . in-dot)
                                     (dot-color . white)
                                     (number-type . custom)
                                     (fret-label-custom-format . "~d° ")