Re: Issue 1278: Arrow notation for quarter-tones. (issue3789044)

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: Issue 1278: Arrow notation for quarter-tones. (issue3789044)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 19:03:22 +0000

LGTM.

I admittedly don't know this part of the source well, so I'll leave
comments about that to other programmers.

My only concern is about the scope of this patch.  It seems like this
patch is doing two things: implementing a new type of quarter tone
notation & implementing alterations as a replacement for rationals in
certain scenarios.  From the headache that sometimes comes with having
to go upstream with the code after something accidentally breaks, it
seems that patches should generally be confined to one and only one
functionality that is modified.

Would it be possible, then, to separate out you work with accidentals
from your work with alterations so that, if something like git bisect
needs to be done, any eventual problem can be localized.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3789044/