Re: git rebase and gitk

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: git rebase and gitk
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 20:43:09 +0100

Am Sonntag, 27. Februar 2011, um 20:20:18 schrieb Patrick McCarty:

> It is worth noting that `git rebase' is a very powerful command, since

> you can potentially rewrite all of git history with it. So, in

> general, be careful that you're not modifying commits that have

> already been pushed to savannah.

That's why I don't use master^^^^, but rather

git rebase origin/master

git rebase -i origin/master

the first command makes shure that all your local patches are actually based on the latest lilypond code, while the second one lets you rewrite the history.

Reinhold Kainhofer, address@hidden,

*, DVR: 0005886

* LilyPond, Music typesetting,