Re: Reduces algorithm time by prefinding footnoted grobs (issue4213042)

From: joeneeman
Subject: Re: Reduces algorithm time by prefinding footnoted grobs (issue4213042)
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 12:23:54 +0000

I haven't had time to look at this carefully, but I'll have closer look
later. What I don't understand, though, is why this problem needs such
extensive changes. If it's just a matter of preventing repeated
footnotes at the beginning/end of a line, it should be enough to examine
footnote->get_column ()->get_rank ()
and possibly
footnote->get_parent (X_AXIS)->get_property ("break-visibility")
when you're constructing a Line_details.

Also, as a matter of convention, we don't pass non-const references to
functions. If it has to be non-const, it should be a pointer.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4213042/diff/27049/lily/system.cc
File lily/system.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4213042/diff/27049/lily/system.cc#newcode257
lily/system.cc:257: }
I don't get it. Why does filtering out grobs with an empty X-extent
solve the problem? And why do you have to redo this every time
Page_spacing::append_system is called?

http://codereview.appspot.com/4213042/