shortened flags affair, part 4 - downstem 8th flag

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: shortened flags affair, part 4 - downstem 8th flag
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 00:12:50 +0100

Hi,

Short question: do you agree to make downstem 8th flag shorter, as in
"single downstem proposed.png"?
This way it won't blend into notehead. This would be consistent with
looks of other flags, see gaps.png.
I know that many fonts have flags sticking into the noteheads, but:
- these flags are usually thinner than ours and therefore make
different impression,
- if they stick into noteheads, they always do so,
- in my opinion score is easier to read when there is a gap between
flag and notehead.
I've seen a finale user complaining about it too. I recommend reading
http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=6&m=209535&g=209731#m209729
- we can learn something from his post.

cheers,
Janek