Re: Map voices to channels in MIDI output

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Map voices to channels in MIDI output
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 18:15:23 -0800

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:57:48 -0800, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> wrote:>
  Commits e5380f2 and 8dc343b break the MIDI output from all the
examples in the documentation that use midiInstrument, and the regtest
‘midi-volume-equaliser.ly’.

It works for me, [...]

Oh!  Thanks for checking.
Maybe your midi player keeps the track separate.

I'll post a report on the bug list with the (very tiny) midi files and see if
it's just my midi players (timidity and WMP)

Long term, though, I don't see how your approach can handle orchestral scores,
where there usually are more than 16 voices.
--
Keith