Re: DOC: NR 1.5.2 Multiple voices - part combining (issue4188056)

From: reinhold . kainhofer
Subject: Re: DOC: NR 1.5.2 Multiple voices - part combining (issue4188056)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 16:32:12 +0000

On 2011/03/07 01:38:36, Colin Campbell wrote:
Ah, I was thinking that \partcombineautomatic once would go automatic
for one
note, then return to whatever was in force before it was called.  If
you would
confirm that, I'll reword the explanation to suit.

Yes, that's exactly how it works:
-) \partcombineAutomatic resets the part-combiner to use the default
built-in mechanism.
-) \partcombineAutomaticOnce uses the built-in mechanism for just one
moment.

Your wording:
@code{\partcombineAutomatic}, @code{\partcombineAutomaticOnce}:
  Ends the effect of the special commands above, and returns to the
default or
  previous part combining mechanism.

sounds wrong for the *Once case, as the *once case does NOT end the
effect of the special commands above... It rather overrides the setting
from those commands for just one moment.

Cheers,
Reinhold

http://codereview.appspot.com/4188056/