Re: Potential fix for issue 1504. (issue4237057)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Potential fix for issue 1504. (issue4237057)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 09:08:23 -0400

On Mar 15, 2011, at 9:03 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:16 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I've sketched this out using your suggestion above (calculating it once and
>> returning the fraction for the called beam) - nevermind my previous question
>> about redoing calculations. A new patch set is on-line.
>
>> I still need to do the math for the longer slopes - I'll have time to do
>> that later today or tomorrow.
>>
>> In the spirit of the one-change-per-push idea, I'd like to push the fix to
>> 1504 first before I push the change to feather-direction.  Does this seem
>> like a good idea?
>
> Do you mean: push an earlier version of this patch first?   I think
> it's not a good idea, because you would rewrite it directly after
> pushing, cluttering up the history of what is happening.  The idea of
> one-change-per-push is that all the individual changes are
> independent.

No, I mean that changing the feather-dir property from ly:dir to a pair seems
like a different problem than fixing issue 1504.  It effectively adds a new
feature to lilypond, and thus seems like it should be the object of its own
patch/push.  However, if you think I should roll this into the 1504 fix, I will.

Cheers,
MS