Persistent error on 'make': [Python] ordinal not in range(128)

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Persistent error on 'make': [Python] ordinal not in range(128)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:33:43 +0100

Hello. This happens on _fresh_ repositories in one of my systems.
Clues suggest that my python installation is misconfigured.

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/fravd/source/lilypond/Documentation'
LILYPOND_VERSION=2.13.54 /usr/bin/python ../scripts/lilypond-book.py
-I ./ (...)  usage.tely
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe1' in
position 24: ordinal not in range(128)

So lilypond-book has problems with usage.tely.  I have seen this
problem sometimes exposed in users list, also related to
lilypond-book, and a solution is never given.  If somebody has any
ideas, I'll thank to hear them.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com