Re: Map voices to channels in MIDI output

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Map voices to channels in MIDI output
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 08:50:13 +0100

Keith OHara schreef op vr 18-03-2011 om 21:30 [-0700]:

> The code seems to work, but requires great effort to understand.

Good, yes alas.

> I was suggesting that, having decided what you want in the MIDI, you
> might simplify the design.

That would be nice and I'm sure that it can be simplified
quite a bit.

The thing is, we won't know until some time after 2.14 if the current
default (voice<->track, instrument<->channel) works well for everyone.

The old 'staff default is fairly ok for listening, but messes up the
voices.  That's bad for anyone wanting to do some postprocesing with it.

The new 'voice flavour seems to be unfit for listening purposes, but
is by far the most convenient option for postprocessing.

Do you thing anything should go in the NEWS file?

Jan.

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl