Re: Backporting / stable

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Backporting / stable
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 15:07:05 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Sorensen" <address@hidden>
To: "Lily devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2011 1:59 PM
Subject: Backporting / stable

So it appears that the biggest source of Critical bugs, and the thing that
is holding up release of 2.14, is the beam-collision-engraver.

Should we try to remove the beam-collision-engraver from 2.14.0? Or should
we wait for it to settle itself out and make it part of 2.14.0?  I can see
arguments for both.

Thanks,

Carl

My own view is that getting the beam collisions improved is now a major feature of 2.14 and if it can be fixed in weeks rather than months it would be better to wait.

I guess the counter-argument is that gives you lots of extra work :-(

--
Phil Holmes