Re: Uploading a patch to Rietveld

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Uploading a patch to Rietveld
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 18:37:21 +0100

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 05:36:59PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "James Lowe"
> )BTW - it might be worth mentioning in the CG that "git cl upload
> )origin/master" at one point fires you into vi.  For windows users, that's a
> )bit of an issue - took me a couple of searches to confirm it was vi, and
> )then find the way of saving and exiting.

No, because in lilydev1.1 it uses nano.  We specifically set that
up for people.

> Not necessarily, when I tried it the first time fired me into some
> other editor (can't remember what it was but it looked like an
> 'info' type window).

Yes, that's nano.

> So that might be specific to your install.

In particular, it's specific to the 2-versions-ago old version of
lilydev.

Phil: you're missing approximately 20 hours of work from me and
Johnathan (and maybe Carl plus a few others) that we did to make
contributing as easy as possible.  That final amount of
"polishing" adds a lot.

If bandwidth is a problem, I would be delighted to send you a
burned DVD of lilydev2 via first-class mail.  I bought a set of 6
stamps a year ago, and I've only used 2 so far.