Re: Backporting / stable

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Backporting / stable
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 11:52:01 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> To: "Carl Sorensen" <address@hidden>; "Lily devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2011 9:20 AM

Carl Sorensen wrote Saturday, April 30, 2011 1:59 PM

So it appears that the biggest source of Critical bugs, and the thing that
is holding up release of 2.14, is the beam-collision-engraver.

Should we try to remove the beam-collision-engraver from 2.14.0? Or should we wait for it to settle itself out and make it part of 2.14.0? I can see
arguments for both.

It's such a great feature we should do our best to
include it in 2.14.  While we definitely don't want
to release 2.14 with known critical bugs, more bugs
are likely to show up as soon as 2.14 is in widespread
use.  Fixing them is what 2.14.1 is for, so I would
not be too demanding in our criteria for 2.14.0.

Trevor

Slightly related to this - if a bug is marked fixed 2.15.0 backport, should it also have a 2.13 version number for the claim fix?

--
Phil Holmes