Re: New alist to replace special characters. (issue4553056)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: New alist to replace special characters. (issue4553056)
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 13:13:57 +0200

On May 23, 2011, at 1:08 PM, address@hidden wrote:

> (1) You can do it using \override #'(replacement-string-max-length . 0)
>    But I agree, there's a problem with backslashes.

I am the worst person in the world for advice on the most straightforward way
to do something...I'll let others chime in on how to solve this problem.  You
may want to note as well in the docs that if someone puts:

\markup { \italic { foo \emdash bar } }

Lilypond will think \emdash is a function.  They'd need to do: \markup {
\italic { foo "\emdash" bar } }

> (2) What if we define something like "\tz" when we want 'ęś©' and just
> write "tz" when no ligature is needed ? This isn' t so constraining.

This sounds like a good idea!

> (3) I know, this is another change to be done. And when this patch will
> be pushed, I'll take time to add a doc entry.

Good stuff.

Cheers,
Mike