Re: make doc

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: make doc
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 20:30:51 +0100

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 06:27:06PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival"
> >On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 03:31:23PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> >>Where should the logfiles go?
> >
> >Same place as the 4b/lily-1234abcd.ly files.  Just make a
> >4b/lily-1234abcd.log file.
>
> If we go with my current plan, we won't have a 1234abcd.log file,

Oh, I misunderstood that.  Hmm.

> because most of these are run by lilypond-book, and this does not
> have an option to redirect the output from lilypond

If that's true, then maybe this should be added.  It'd be another
of those 5-lines patches that takes 5 hours to write, though.

> - so instead
> we'll have a collated-files.log, which comes from running l-book on
> collated-files.itely. So the obvious place to put collated-files.log
> is in git/build?

Hmm.  If you definitely want to move in this direction, then
collated-files.log should be in whatever directory
collated-files.pdf and collated-files.html are.

I'd much rather see per-.ly logs, though.  (or rather, I'd like to
see both per-.ly logs, and a per-collated-files.log which would
contain the lilypond-book parts of the output, rather than the
lilypond parts of the output.  So I guess it's not bad to start
off with a per-collated-files.log file that has *all* the output,
and then split off the other logs in later work)