Re: New alist to replace special characters. (issue4553056)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: New alist to replace special characters. (issue4553056)
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 18:42:23 +0000

Philosophically, utf-8 is the One True Way, but I am sympathetic to laxy
typists.

On 2011/06/03 11:11:57, Bertrand Bordage wrote:
I don't know if replacement-alist should be defined by default.
The shorter the default list, the fewer surprises.
The keys should not include any possibly-desired input.

Nor if '&' is a good escape character.
It is reasonable, but draw from an existing string-replacement set like
HTML and use the closing ;.
Then we will be less-likely confused when I reference a&s records (or
when you reference r&s records) in a markup on a score.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4553056/