Re: shortened flags: choosing appropriate flag (issue4410049)

From: lemniskata . bernoullego
Subject: Re: shortened flags: choosing appropriate flag (issue4410049)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:41:15 +0000

On 2011/06/09 08:12:53, MikeSol wrote:
Hey Janek,

All the metafont stuff looks good!  Last time we touched base, I
recall that we
had talked about looking into embedding a lot of this info into the
font - did
that prove to be not doable?  Other than that, I have one comment
below about
the C++ stuff.

I'm working on it with Carl's help, see "parameters in metafont files"
thread.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4410049/diff/16001/lily/stem.cc#newcode612
lily/stem.cc:612:
I remember we worked on a Scheme version of this a while back - I
would suggest
that you replace this bit of code with that.  It'll be easier to
maintain and
debug, and it also hardcodes less values.  There is also a problem
with the
already computed bit - you are assuming that people will not change
fonts midway
through a work.

I have your patch. I remember that i had send you my comments describing
your code, so that you could check whether i understood it correctly.
Did you read it?
Its in "And still cleaner..." thread, message sent on April 25th.

cheers,
Janek

http://codereview.appspot.com/4410049/