Re: ugly boxes

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: ugly boxes
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:42:17 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>; "Lily-Devel List" <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:28 PM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> wrote in message news:address@hidden
I'm continuing to look at the build system, and studying the output of make
doc see lots of the following:

Overfull \hbox (plus some other  stuff)

It would seem there are 2 options: either fix the text/diagram sizes, or
compile as suggested in the page above:

"To prevent such a monstrosity from marring your final printout, write the following in the beginning of the Texinfo file on a line of its own, before
the address@hidden' command:"

    @finalout

Before resorting to this it might be better if
someone tried to correct the worst of these.
I don't think there are many.  Nearly all of them
will overrun only slightly into the margin and
will be fine once the black box is removed.
Where Scheme code is to blame it would be easy
to reduce the indentation, and any bad @lilypond
examples might need to be reworked (but I don't
think any of them are so bad as the line length
should prevent that).  But I agree we need
to reinstate @finalout before the next stable
release to avoid the black boxes.

Could someone from the documentation team confirm that the bars are
unintended and have a think about what should be done?

Definitely not intended!

Trevor

Phil Holmes