RE: problem with beam collision (was: problem with cross-staff stems, on

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: problem with beam collision (was: problem with cross-staff stems, on lilypond-user)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 11:21:44 +0000

Hello

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden
)[mailto:address@hidden On
)Behalf Of Keith OHara
)Sent: 10 June 2011 08:06
)To: address@hidden
)Subject: Re: problem with beam collision (was: problem with cross-staff
)stems, on lilypond-user)
)
)Janek Warchoł <lemniskata.bernoullego <at> gmail.com> writes:
)
)> The change is almost certainly due to new beam collision algorithm.
)> I'm forwarding this message to the development team so that they will
)> know about this issue.
)> I'm not sure if it's a bug, though
)
)I think it is a documentation issue.  Sometimes we need to turn off the
)new automatic collision avoidance by beams.
)
)\version "2.12"
)<<
)  c'2
)  \new Staff <<
)    %% The cross-staff chord below worked until about 2.13.50,
)    %%  but now we need another override.
)    %% I thought there was a nice way to say it is okay for beams to cross
)stems
)    %%  but I can't find it now.
)    % \override Staff.Beam #'details #'collision-voice-only = ##t
)    \clef bass
)    \new Voice {\stemUp g8 g8 g8 g8 }
)    \new Voice {
)      \override  Stem #'cross-staff = ##t
)      \override Stem #'length = #20
)      c2
)

[James' reply:] Anything you can give me specifically Keith? I've just got back
from my travels so am trying to catch up the threads that are pertinent to me,
so if you have done this or it has been resolved I apologise.

James