Re: GOP-PROP 1: python formatting - probable decision

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 1: python formatting - probable decision
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:16:37 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:02 PM

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 01:49:22PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival"
<address@hidden>
>After the initial tab-fixes (in at most 9 files), we'll use
>python -tt for the build process, so no mistakes will creep in.

Doesn't this assume that the doc build is actually checked for errors?

I was thinking of the default
 make
which produces stuff in
 python/out/

If that step involves a python -tt and there's some tabs used for
indentation, it will (should?  I haven't checked) fail, and then
the whole build will (should?  I haven't checked) fail.

I've not waded through the make output yet, so I don't know exactly what happens during it. It's only 36,000 lines long, so barely a challenge. I do know that some of the python scripts are put into the build tree by linking to the python scripts directory, and others are "created", but not necessarily all are called. I'm. I think it's likely that more are called during make doc (e.g. midi2ly).

--
Phil Holmes