Re: GOP-PROP 2: mentors and Frogs - probably decision

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 2: mentors and Frogs - probably decision
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 07:53:09 +0200

2011/6/18 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> Of people who have git access, what (if anything)
> would make you consider being a mentor?  Not everybody
> is cut out to be a teacher; if you don't feel comfortable in that
> position, then it's best not to offer.

I think the answer came to my mind: "i'd spend some time mentoring
frogs if someone would do stuff that i wanted to do in that time".
This doesn't help, but i'm afraid it may be the core of most problems.

> Maybe we'll just dump all newcomers on Janek?

What's the status of this suggestion?  I didn't notice any serious
discussion about it.
(i mean, what are your opinions?  I don't want to take such a
responsibility without your explicit approval)

cheers,
Janek