does anybody care about LSR?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: does anybody care about LSR?
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 16:48:24 +0100

I was discussing LSR with Phil, and it occurred to me that I
should raise the question here.  What do we want from LSR?

As far as I'm concerned, no I don't care about LSR; the people who
wanted it in the first place aren't maintaining it; we haven't had
a flood of users volunteering to take care of it.  This experiment
with "user-generated content" hasn't shown a clear net benefit to
the project, and as more and more people use lilydev and send in
patches, the need for something like LSR lessens.

I'm suggesting that we just dump the whole thing on Phil.  He can
choose how picky (or not) to be about explanations, indentation,
looking for duplicates, etc.

If somebody here *does* care, then speak up.  Please note:

1. nobody is offering to touch the code behind it.  So don't say
"hey, it would be great if LSR could automatically xyz" unless you
think you can program the xyz yourself.

2. anybody with the source code can do much more efficient work by
editing stuff in git directly.  The only point of LSR is to
provide a quick, easy, automated repository for non-git people, so
whenever somebody with git access touches LSR, it's a net loss for
the project.