Re: Adds glissando stems to Lilypond. (issue4661061)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Adds glissando stems to Lilypond. (issue4661061)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 17:46:03 +0200

On Jun 30, 2011, at 5:29 PM, address@hidden wrote:

> can you show png examples of what you're trying to do?

> I think this patch has serious issues.
>

> http://codereview.appspot.com/4661061/diff/13/lily/music-sequence.cc
> File lily/music-sequence.cc (right):
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4661061/diff/13/lily/music-sequence.cc#newcode118
> lily/music-sequence.cc:118: continue;
> why can't you do this with an override for the to-relative function
> property?

The notes that bookend a series of glissando stems need to be able to be
relative to each other, which requires looping through the list of pitches to
get the next valid one (instead of just nixing the relative callback on one
note).  I don't know if that makes sense...lemme know if it doesn't.

> http://codereview.appspot.com/4661061/diff/13/lily/note-spacing.cc
> File lily/note-spacing.cc (right):
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4661061/diff/13/lily/note-spacing.cc#newcode53
> lily/note-spacing.cc:53: if (to_boolean (stem->get_property
> ("glissando-stem")))
> if (a&&b) ..
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4661061/diff/13/lily/note-spacing.cc#newcode258
> lily/note-spacing.cc:258: if (!stem || !stem->is_live () ||
> Stem::is_invisible (stem) || to_boolean (stem->get_property
> ("glissando-stem")))
> didn't we have a gop or something prohibiting tabs?

I don't think I added a tab...I may have preserved one, tho.

> http://codereview.appspot.com/4661061/diff/13/lily/stem.cc
> File lily/stem.cc (right):
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4661061/diff/13/lily/stem.cc#newcode1082
> lily/stem.cc:1082: Stem::after_line_breaking (SCM smob)
> can you rethink your functionality to not need this callback?
>
> we should try to kill the {after/before}_linebreaking functions as they
> dont play well with the  callback on get_property() mechanism

The problem is that I need this to happen right after line-breaking but before
anything else is called.
I see where you're coming from, though - I'll try to roll it into another
callback.

> http://codereview.appspot.com/4661061/diff/13/lily/stem.cc#newcode1116
> lily/stem.cc:1116: Spanner *gls = dynamic_cast<Spanner *>
> (glissandi[i]);
> to_spanner() ?

Ah, I didn't know such a function existed...useful...

> http://codereview.appspot.com/4661061/diff/13/lily/stem.cc#newcode1118
> lily/stem.cc:1118: Spanner *orig = gls->is_broken () ? gls :
> dynamic_cast<Spanner *> (gls->original ());
> hosed if gls == NULL

Also useful....

> http://codereview.appspot.com/4661061/diff/13/lily/stem.cc#newcode1133
> lily/stem.cc:1133:
> huh?
>
> What is this needed for?  The break processing automatically substitutes
> spanners to only point to the ones in the same system.

Also useful...

All will be changed after I read Neil's comments!

Cheers,
MS