Re: compiling documentation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: compiling documentation
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 12:40:54 +0100

On Sat, Jul 02, 2011 at 01:35:32PM +0200, Francisco Vila wrote:
> 2011/7/2 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> > There's certainly nothing in his build log that suggests that he
> > failed to run "make".  It looks like a normal doc build failure to
> > me.
>
> I could have misread the first error line, which reads
>
> "/home/fede/lilypond-git/build/out/lybook-db/snippet-names--535234702.ly"'/bin/sh:
> /home/fede/lilypond-git/build/out/bin/lilypond: not found
> command failed: /home/fede/lilypond-git/build/out/bin/lilypond
>
> This could, or could not, indicate that out/bin/lilypond is not found.
> I confess I am not [still] that good at interpreting outputs.

Mao, I missed that.  I just started from the bottom and stopped
reading when I saw the "Child return 127" line.

Sorry, you and Phil were absolutely correct: he didn't run "make".
I see that this isn't explicitly stated on
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/compiling-with-lilydev
so I'll add it.