Re: compiling documentation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: compiling documentation
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 19:14:32 +0100

On Sat, Jul 02, 2011 at 07:30:03PM +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> address@hidden:~/lilypond-git/build$
> out/bin/lilypond ../input/regression/midi/
> GNU LilyPond 2.15.0

I'm confused.  Let's all stop for the moment.

1. as far as I understand, you see occasional problems when
attempting to compile

2. does git master work?  To test this, do:
  2a. git pull
  2b. rm -rf build/
  2c. mkdir build/
  2d. cd build/
  2e. ../configure
  2f. make
  2g. out/bin/lilypond ../input/regression/midi/

Run that command a few times, in case it's just an occasional

3. if git master works, then try:
  3a. make test

4. if that works, then try all the above, but on the
lilypond/translate branch (which I believe is what you were trying
to do when all this started)

Don't bother with "make doc".  If you cannot cmopile by itself, then let's fix that.  If you can compile
it by itself, but not inside "make test", then let's fix that.