Re: compiling documentation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: compiling documentation
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 19:14:32 +0100

On Sat, Jul 02, 2011 at 07:30:03PM +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> address@hidden:~/lilypond-git/build$
> out/bin/lilypond ../input/regression/midi/key-initial.ly
> GNU LilyPond 2.15.0

I'm confused.  Let's all stop for the moment.

1. as far as I understand, you see occasional problems when
attempting to compile
  input/regression/midi/key-initial.ly

2. does git master work?  To test this, do:
  2a. git pull
  2b. rm -rf build/
  2c. mkdir build/
  2d. cd build/
  2e. ../configure
  2f. make
  2g. out/bin/lilypond ../input/regression/midi/key-initial.ly

Run that command a few times, in case it's just an occasional
problem.

3. if git master works, then try:
  3a. make test

4. if that works, then try all the above, but on the
lilypond/translate branch (which I believe is what you were trying
to do when all this started)

Don't bother with "make doc".  If you cannot cmopile
key-initial.ly by itself, then let's fix that.  If you can compile
it by itself, but not inside "make test", then let's fix that.