Re: does anybody care about LSR?

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: does anybody care about LSR?
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 08:48:27 +0200

2011/6/29 Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>
> No, that won't happen. LSR is something like a searchable FAQ for both common
> cases and special cases. Unless the manual gets some REALLY good search
> capabilities and anchors that you jump just to the right point without having
> to read through whole sections to find what you want, the LSR is just way more
> comfortable to work with.

+1. The ease of searching is what makes LSR useful. Try searching for
something in http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/ and in
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/snippets/index.html

There are only two things that i don't like about LSR: i'd love to see
all snippets at once, without the need to click through several pages.
Also, preview of big snippets isn't very helpful.
Everything else is great imo!

2011/6/29 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 04:39:39PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
>> My suggestion would be: unless the snippet is tagged "docs" abandon
>> the above and blind authorise if it compiles.  How does this sound?
>
> Totally fine with me!

+1

cheers,
Janek