Re: compiling documentation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: compiling documentation
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 14:22:32 +0100

On Sun, Jul 03, 2011 at 07:48:36AM -0500, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 7:06 AM, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > But the lilypond log file might give further information on the cause of the
> > failure.

If it fails on the command-line, then the command-line will
contain any information that might be in the log.

I really, really believe in narrowing down problems to the
simplest possible test case.  The build system is a huge unknown
for most people (including me!).  If we can reproduce the problem
(even occasionally) on the command-line, then we can side-step all
the uncertainties of the build system (particularly the
uncertainties about the build system on somebody else's computer,
when it's not even clear which git branch we're talking about!).

> Here's the last bit of my doc-build attempt's output. Segfault occurs
> on tablature-string-tunings.ly:

My goodness.  I assume this is with lilydev?  Can you reproduce it
on the command-line?
Also, how are the wrists?