Re: Fixes problems with glissando line breaking code pointed out by Han-

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Fixes problems with glissando line breaking code pointed out by Han-Wen. (issue4634119)
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 19:09:23 +0200

On Jul 3, 2011, at 3:36 PM, Neil Puttock wrote:

> On 2 July 2011 22:16, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> The original code broke LilyPond in a very bad way - all documents printed
>> glissandi as if they had the Y-extent of the first glissando in a piece.  I
>> have no clue why this happened, but the new code doesn't do this, and I've
>> modified the regtest to check for this.
>
> It's still broken here.
>
> Beware of the regression testing for this: glissandos are completely
> ignored since they have empty extents.
>
> Cheers,
> Neil

Thanks for the info!  I had no idea this was the case - otherwise I would have
looked at it manually.  Perhaps this is worth noting in the contributor's guide?
The issue in the current code is that every glissando receives the left and
right Y bounds of the last glissando typeset.  I'll be able to delve into this
tomorrow - my first stab at it will be rewriting the algorithm in C++ to see if
it makes a difference.

Cheers,
MS