Re: compiling documentation

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: compiling documentation
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 07:55:13 -0500

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 4:58 AM, James Lowe <address@hidden> wrote:
> )I'm running Linux Mint Debian Edition, which is based on Debian Testing
> )branch. Not sure what consequences that might have for this situation. I
> )just run "apt-get build-dep lilypond" when setting up build env. I also
> )install "gnome-common" for autoconf package and "dblatex."
> [James' reply:]
> I use LilyDev exclusively but have experimented with Debian dists (such as a
> straight *buntu) about 6 mon ths back and then following the CG and could get
> things to work back then (IIRC I only had to do the build-dep thing and then
> get autoconf as there was no issue at that time with dblatex), but if it
> isn't too much effort to install Virtual Box and install Lilydev just to see
> if you get the same problems (with a speedyish internet connection you can be
> up, compiling in about 30 minutes) it would certainly help to see what the
> issue is - at least fundamentally prove that it works (as it does for me). We
> may then need to update the CG for non-lilydev users.
>
> However ./autogen.sh and/or ./configure should report any missing/old/wrong
> dependencies. So do you get anything back from them (you will probably get
> something about a 'recommended' Fontforge version as I do - the lilydev
> version is fine if one or two revs back)

My build env is fine, or at least it has been for more than a year.
The doc-compile problem only started a couple of weeks ago. I have
lilydev installed on another hard drive. Maybe I'll pop it in and try
it out. I'd rather not bother with VMs at the moment.

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com