Re: an example of minimal example (issue4636082)

From: percival . music . ca
Subject: Re: an example of minimal example (issue4636082)
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 20:24:56 +0000

We need to be careful about adding stuff to the webpage; perfection is
when there's nothing left to remove, not when there's nothing left to
add.

I'm glad that you're working on it!  I'm just warning you that there
will be many nitpicks.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4636082/diff/3/Documentation/web/community.itexi
File Documentation/web/community.itexi (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4636082/diff/3/Documentation/web/community.itexi#newcode273
Documentation/web/community.itexi:273: A tiny example is an example from
which @strong{nothing} can be removed.
I'm happy with this change.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4636082/diff/3/Documentation/web/community.itexi#newcode275
Documentation/web/community.itexi:275: Is the code below a minimal
example?
This is way too long.  I spent a lot of time and effort making the
website as minimal as possible to increase readability

Hmm... I'd be ok with it if you put it in a box at the bottom of the
page.  I actually can't believe that we don't have any examples on the
Tiny examples page -- the only place to find something is on the Bug
reports page!

http://codereview.appspot.com/4636082/diff/3/Documentation/web/community.itexi#newcode277
Documentation/web/community.itexi:277: @lilypond
this won't compile; it would have to be @example instead, and that will
require @{ @} escapes.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4636082/diff/3/Documentation/web/community.itexi#newcode346
Documentation/web/community.itexi:346: using less than a single measure.
I prefer "only".  If somebody gets it down to 1 measure, we're not going
to quibble about 2 beats vs. 4 beats.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4636082/diff/3/Documentation/web/community.itexi#newcode353
Documentation/web/community.itexi:353: 2 lines of code, and few exceed
10 lines.
Hmm.  I'm worried that this (combined with the next item) would make the
page too wordy.  Leave it in there for the next draft, but I may
complain about it later.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4636082/