Re: Adds glissando stems to Lilypond. (issue4661061)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Adds glissando stems to Lilypond. (issue4661061)
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 11:02:08 +0200

On Jul 5, 2011, at 9:58 AM, address@hidden wrote:

3)  Make the lines_ of a constrained breaker a sparse binary tree (see below) of matrices, not a single matrix, that stores the information above.  Each node of the tree would branch off into break/noBreak for a single point in breaks.

Errata - the binary tree nodes would hold either null (no break) or vectors (break), where each vector represented the forces of the previous lines.  Or maybe not even this...essentially, it'd be a data structure that holds the forces associated with a lot of different line breaking configurations in a way that eliminates redundant storage.*

Cheers,
MS

* I know nothing about best practices in data management, but I'd be willing to learn if there isn't anyone who is good at this and would be willing to take on this project with me :)