Re: Adapt fixcc.py to use Astyle and/or emacs (issue4662074)

From: percival . music . ca
Subject: Re: Adapt fixcc.py to use Astyle and/or emacs (issue4662074)
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 17:26:02 +0000

On 2011/07/06 16:33:12, jan.nieuwenhuizen wrote:
On 2011/07/06 14:40:56, Graham Percival wrote:
> wait, WTF just happened?  We're no longer using astyle, and instead
we'll be
> requiring everybody to install emacs?!

Yay! And while everyone has it installed, why not give
it a second (or third) try! *evil grin*

... I'm sorry, I think there might be a miscommunication again.

Are you seriously proposing that, instead of asking people to download
astyle 2.02 which is 150.8 Kb, we ask people to download emacs, which is
40 megabytes or something?

I mean, this is a joke, right?  Keith misinterpreted some comment of
yours and changed his patch to use emacs instead of astyle because of a
joke?

Please tell me that you are not seriously proposing that we use emacs
for indentation.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4662074/