Re: Adapt fixcc.py to use Astyle and/or emacs (issue4662074)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Adapt fixcc.py to use Astyle and/or emacs (issue4662074)
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 19:30:52 +0000

On 2011/07/06 19:04:11, jan.nieuwenhuizen wrote:
On 2011/07/06 17:26:02, Graham Percival wrote:
> Please tell me that you are not seriously proposing that we use
> emacs for indentation.

Myself, I propose fixcc(astyle) and give fixcc(emacs) as an alternative.
 Now that it protects block comments, I now think fixcc(emacs) is a
viable alternative; its output passed make check overnight.

Version changes in astyle/emacs concern me less now that I see that
the unusual bits of gnu style are handled in the prefilter.

However, I can't seem to teach astyle to leave emacs' indentation
choices completely intact.  So if an emacs user runs the indenter over
and entire file, there will be a few distracting changes in the diff.

So we can
1) trust emacs users to control their auto-indenter, or
2) forgive the distracting whitespace changes, or
3) all of us install emacs and let fixcc use it as indenter.
If nobody sees a killer problem with any of these then I suggest the
build-meister may choose by whim or coin-flip.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4662074/