Re: Converting ly to musicxml

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Converting ly to musicxml
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 11:14:36 +0200

On Jul 10, 2011, at 10:56 AM, cab wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have been using lilypond for 3 years in my projects:
> http://www.psautiers.org (this is the website on which I am currently
> working on), and http://www.score-catcher.org (the sister site) in which
> I convert musicxml to lilypond and then I put the score online.
>
> The thing is that the musicxml format is not the one most people use,
> so I can't put on many scores online...
>
> However I think it would be easier to convert ly to musicxml
>
> (in fact i want to convert like this : midi -> ly -> musicxml).
> Converting from midi to ly is possible, but ly to musicxml has never
> been done... So my plan is to program it myself
> I think I would do it in python as musicxml2ly is also written in python.
>
> Do you have anything to say about it ?
> Will I face some problems I have not thaught of?
> Have I missed anything that would really make this task easier?
>
> If I manage to do it , will it be possible to add it in the source tree ?
>
> And a last request , can you link my website (psautiers.org or
> score-catcher.org or both) from your website?
>

> Thanks really much for your help
>
> Dang Nguyen Bac

Dear Dang Nguyen,

This is something I proposed to the French users list earlier this year and it
got a lukewarm response from the community (save several well-thought-out
have started some sketches for this type of code, and it is certainly possible,
especially if you do not include position information.  Contact me if you'd
like to talk more about this and I'll dig up the sketches I've already done in
Scheme.

Cheers,
MS