Re: bug reports: `verified' hides `invalid'

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: bug reports: `verified' hides `invalid'
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 14:03:02 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 14. Juli 2011, 13:33:31 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
> I suggest that invalid bug reports don't receive a `verified' tag.
> Otherwise, the invalidity is no longer visible, making it much harder
> to check the bug list or search within.
>
> BTW, according to the help string, `verified' means
>
>   QA has verified that the fix worked
>
> but an invalid bug report has no fix...
>
> Alternatively, a new status `invalid-verified' or something similar
> should be added, if possible.

Similarly, I don't like tagging duplicate reports with Verified, either... This
looses the direct link to the duplicate. It is just available buried somewhere
deep in the comments that at one point in time the duplicate status was set.
On the other hand, reports with status Duplicate have a direct hyperlink to
the proper bug report, so it's easy to switch to that.

Also, although a duplicate will currently get a "Verified" status, the bug
might not have been fixed at all. Again, "Verified" looses much of its meaning.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886