Re: increase to 5 patches per countdown

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: increase to 5 patches per countdown
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 22:29:37 -0600

On 11-07-14 03:20 PM, Graham Percival wrote:
Hi Colin,

Previously I asked you to keep it to 3 patches per countdown, but
we're not clearing through the backlog.  Could you increase it to
5 patches per countdown, at least until we're on top of things
again?

This is particularly relevant because of the upcoming automatic
formatting; any patches left unpushed when that happens will
require a fair amount of manual attention.

I've been selecting patches with at least one positive comment. There are a great number of patches which don't have a positive indication of being complete. There are, I think, only two ways of getting them off the "review" list: I nag directly the last devel who worked on them, or I mark them "abandoned" after a determined number of days. I don't feel that patches should be on the countdown until *someone* other than the owner has gone on record as approving them. Another discipline which would help would be the owner marking the patch "needs-work" when another devel points out flaws or improvement, then setting it back to "review" when it is final. Of course, I may be way off base in my selection criteria, but it is frequently difficult to find 3 which have been approved. One thing which may help get rid of those which have had a countdown, would be to tag the issue when the countdown starts, e.g. tomorrow's batch would get tagged "CD-110717" to show they should be pushed, marked fixed and closed on Reitveld on that date.

Colin

--
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
-- Mark Twain