Re: changing shape of the G clef (issue4664070)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: changing shape of the G clef (issue4664070)
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 21:56:36 +0100

\override Staff.Clef #'style = #'old tells Lily to use previous clef
glyph instead of my new clef.
(dedicated to James)

This is exactly the thin edge of the \override glyph
wedge I was worried about earlier :(  We already have
too many overrides.  If the majority want to change
the clef let's change it and ditch the legacy one,
just as we do with all the other changes.  If the
majority want to retain the old one we abandon the
new clef.  Trying to please everyone is the major
cause of excessive complexity in OS projects.

Trevor