Re: Ties colliding in single-staff polyphony

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Ties colliding in single-staff polyphony
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:59:58 +0200

On Jul 18, 2011, at 11:43 AM, Bertrand Bordage wrote:

> I was referring to issues 1606,

This should be fixed in the beam-collision-engraver such that it avoids ties.
A simple implementation would avoid the rectangular bounding box around tie,
whereas a more robust implementation would use the tie's bezier coordineates,
though this would likely be difficult.

> 590,

This can be fixed by using the defaults in tie-details in a dynamic way that
responds to line width.

> 582,

This can be fixed in the tie engraver and/or slur engraver by having a sort of
snap-to property for control points that makes it such that if the control
points for a slur or tie are within epsilon of each other, snap the points to
start at the same place.

> 570,

This can be fixed in Side_position_interface::general_side_position

> 480,

This is a good candidate for the Tie_collision_engraver

> 409,

This is no longer a bug with z-layer and clever white-out-ing.

> 397.

This is a good candidate for the Tie_collision_engraver

> These could be fixed with a Tie_collision_engraver.
> I would like to try to implement this engraver if you are disposed to help me.

Of course!

Cheers,
MS