Re: a starting point to 1301

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: a starting point to 1301
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 23:07:01 +0100

2011/7/18 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:

> My friend and I, having some spare time, wanted to fix a bug
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1301.  It's related
> to planning distribution of music notes and other signs, so we need
> some overview how the whole process works.  Comments in the source
> code are rare and in the documentation we couldn't find a word about
> it.  Where could we find some info?

The clef is on a loose column (it floats before the head), so the
first place I'd look would be lily/spacing-loose-columns.cc (and
possibly lily/spacing-determine-loose-columns.cc).

I'd guess the problem is the way loose columns are spaced between
other columns: in this snippet, the columns for the quaver and tuplet
minim are so close together that the clef's column gets dumped on top
of the quaver (since it's loose, it doesn't influence the spacing).

Cheers,
Neil