Re: Adds glissando stems to Lilypond. (issue4661061)

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: Adds glissando stems to Lilypond. (issue4661061)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 11:53:10 +0000

After a discussion w/ Han-Wen, I've tried to implement this using a new
GlissandoStem grob.  It is very code-dupey and you'll see that the
regtest has one big problem, but other than that it works.  I've done a
bit of research on why this problem exists.  I can already see fishy
numbers popping up in Beam::calc_least_squares_positions and its call to
Stem::get_stem_info, but I don't know how to avoid/redo these yet.
Thoughts would be appreciated it.

I know that as a general rule one should avoid after-line-breaking, but
I use it here because it resets the clock on a lot of properties and it
seems like this is the only place to safely redo them in one fell swoop.

Future versions of this patch will break up after-line-breaking into
smaller functions so that users can override directions without them
being systematically reset - for now, it'd be great if people could give
this code a spin (no regtests at this point, as I still need to do some
cleanup) and let me know if they have any intuition about why the last
example in input/regression/glissando-stem.ly comes out wrong.

Cheers,
MS

http://codereview.appspot.com/4661061/