Re: Fix 1563: System start bars interpreted collapse-height as absolute

From: n . puttock
Subject: Re: Fix 1563: System start bars interpreted collapse-height as absolute length. (issue4693043)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:50:06 +0000

On 2011/07/20 17:02:02, Reinhold wrote:
On 2011/07/18 20:24:43, Neil Puttock wrote:
> lily/system-start-delimiter.cc:117: staffspace =
> Staff_symbol_referencer::staff_space (sp);
> A mostly theoretical gripe, I guess: what about collapse-height
comparisons
> where multiple staves are involved?  If staff-space settings differ,
this only
> picks up the last stave's value.

Yes, that was a deliberate decision. After all, the collapse-height is
mainly
intended to hide/show the bracket for single-staff systems.
In my eyes it would make more sense to show/hide the bracked depending
on the
number or staves involved rather than the grob height.

I agree.

I can't imagine a situation, where using the last staff's staff-space
would lead
to unwanted output. Usually, collapse-height will be either 5.0 (the
default) or
something smaller as advocated in the documentation and the LSR. In
these cases,
the last staff alone (plus some spacing to the staff above for 5.0)
already
suffices to show the bracket, even if the other staves have a
different
staff-space.

OK, LGTM.

Cheers,