stable/2.14 can't make doc

From: Graham Percival
Subject: stable/2.14 can't make doc
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 21:32:26 -0700

Could somebody try to make doc in stable/2.14, and fix whatever's
necessary to fix?  I don't know exactly what the problem is, but
since it's a doc build problem, the problem is hidden somewhere in
a 49480-line logfile, but I'm not going to dig through an 8-thread
build on a computer that's behind three ssh connections to try to
figure out what it is.

I know it died in snippets.texi, but that's all I can find in 5
minutes of looking at the log files.  (at that point, the ssh
connection died (or at least had a lag of more than 60 seconds),
so I gave up)

PS no, this isn't a made-up problem to demonstrate why
"GOP-PROP 5: build output" is a good idea.  I honestly cannot
build stable/2.14, my desktop is really 7000km away, the
university actually has requires me to log in to 2 intermediate
computers before I can ssh into my desktop, and the doc log file
really doesn't make it easy to find out exactly which filename
died.  Searching for "Error" and "error" doesn't find the
problematic file.