Re: guile debug package in Debian

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: guile debug package in Debian
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 13:35:58 +0700

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:
> Il giorno gio, 21/07/2011 alle 23.26 +0700, Joe Neeman ha scritto:
>> If the debugging information were installed, there would be more
>> information inside the (). Since Debian doesn't seem to have a package
>> for it, the easiest way to get debugging information may be to compile
>> guile yourself.
>
> I've downloaded the sources in the debian repository:
>
> # apt-get build-dep guile-1.8
> $ apt-get source guile-1.8
> $ ./configure --enable-guile-debug

You don't need --enable-guile-debug here (it enables some internal
guile stuff, which is independent from the debug symbols that I want).
But you'll need to add --disable-error-on-warning; your compiler is
probably newer than the one that built the Debian package, and it's a
little more strict with warnings.

Cheers,
Joe