Re: printed bars thickness inconsistencies

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: printed bars thickness inconsistencies
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 22:11:12 +0200

Sorry for the late answer!

2011/7/19 Jean-Alexis Montignies <address@hidden>:
> As it looks my email never made it to the list (may be because of the
> attachment)

Yes, the maximum attachment size on our mailing list is 64KB if i
remember correctly.  For bigger files it is necessary to upload them
somewhere and send us a link.

> On 17 juil. 2011, at 19:13, Janek Warchoł wrote:
>
>> 2011/7/17 Jean-Alexis Montignies <address@hidden>:
>>> I have since I use lilypond some problems when printing. Bars (standard
>>> ones) are of different thickness.
>>
>> It would be extremely helpful if you could send us a high resolution
>> scan of your print (or at least a high resolution photo).
>
> Here is a scan, you can see for instance, the difference in widths between
> bar 11 and bar 15.

Thank you for providing the image, it's indeed helpful!  I've uploaded
it here so that everyone can see: http://www.sendspace.com/file/tn7qgf
Yes, i see the difference in thickness.  It's very visible.

> Also the bars smear a little out of the lines (especially visible on bar 2).

Yes, i know about this.  It's currently discussed here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2011-07/msg00863.html

> I don't see strange stems.

Me too.
I thought that these differencies might be caused by the same thing
that makes barlines smear out of the staff, but the difference in
thickness seems too big to be caused by something like that...
Perhaps that pdf viewer is to blame.

HTH
Janek