Re: Postscript barlines errors - still unsolved?

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: Postscript barlines errors - still unsolved?
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 23:47:08 +0200

Han-Wen,

i've compiled your lohengrin example with current master (as i
understand, it contains your patch).  The output is different, but the
problem doesn't seem to be fixed definately.
When i view the files in Acrobat Reader under Ubuntu, i see that
barline thickness has changed (compared to the pdf you sent) - it is
now consistent, all barlines are displayed with the same width - but
they stick out of the staff just the same.  See attachments.
When i view these files with Okular under Ubuntu, things look a bit
different (because Okular uses some kind of "antialiasing" on straight
lines, which Acroreader doesn't do).  So, in addition to barlines
having consistent thickness, the amount of stickout is reduced - but
they still stick out a bit.

I hope to be able to check how things look in print tomorrow.

2011/7/19 Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>:
> By the
> amount it sticks out, I suspect it is somehow picking up the
> blotdiameter of another routine, but I have no idea how that could
> happen.

You've probably noticed this, but just for the record: actually the
barline doesn't really stick out of the staff, it is nothing more than
a display artifact (apparently it also shows in print).  If you zoom
closer (unfortunately it seems that Okular's and Evince's biggest zoom
is only 400% - you have to use another program, for example Acrobat
Reader) to something like 6400% you'll see that nothing stick out of
the staff actually.

cheers,
Janek