Re: Postscript printer errors with rounded barlines?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Postscript printer errors with rounded barlines?
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 00:08:32 -0300

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Jan Warchoł
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm not experienced with PostScript, but i have an impression that
> this may be related to an issue discussed earlier - see here
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-07/msg00485.html
> and here
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2007-07/msg00072.html
> I see that something about draw_round_box was said there...

I think this is an other issue.  Due to rounding, PDF viewers can err
the placement of the barline by a pixel. This is insolvable, as there
is no way to hint that the barline should coincide with the staffline,
yet we need to go the end of the barline to get the correct effect in
the corners in staves.

The one-pixel error is very noticeable on-screen due to
low-resolution, but on a 1200dpi printer,  a single dot error is about
0.02 mm, ie. not noticeable.