Re: Doc build error

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Doc build error
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 17:02:28 +0100

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> wrote in message news:address@hidden
I currently can't build doc. Fresh pull, nuked and recreated build directory. I get:

extract_texi_filenames.py: Processing out-www/usage.texi
writing: /home/phil/lilypond-git/build/./out-www/xref-maps/usage.de.xref-map
cp -p web.texi out-www/web.texi
cp: cannot stat `web.texi': No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [out-www/web.texi] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/lilypond-git/build/Documentation/de'
make[2]: *** [WWW-1] Error 2
rm out-www/weblinks.itexi
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/lilypond-git/build/Documentation'
make[1]: *** [WWW-1] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/lilypond-git/build'
make: *** [doc-stage-1] Error 2

I've not been able to get a clean build for 1-2 days, but wanted to be sure everything was clean from scratch. Anyone else getting problems? I'll investigate the source, but wanted to get a heads up.

Mmm.  Interesting.  Just re-running make doc gives:

writing: /home/phil/lilypond-git/build/./out-www/xref-maps/usage.es.xref-map
cp -p web.texi out-www/web.texi
cp: cannot stat `web.texi': No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [out-www/web.texi] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/lilypond-git/build/Documentation/es'
make[2]: *** [WWW-1] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/lilypond-git/build/Documentation'
make[1]: *** [WWW-1] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/phil/lilypond-git/build'
make: *** [doc-stage-1] Error 2

Note that it's the Spanish files causing the problem this time, not the German. The other "interesting" aspect is that we have "cp -p web.texi out-www/web.texi" as the source of the error. If I look for the similar command for non-translated docs, I find: "cp -p /home/phil/lilypond-git/Documentation/web.texi out-www/web.texi". Spot the directory name. Continuing to investigate...

--
Phil Holmes
Bug Squad