Re: Adds longas, maximas and non-standard tweaks to MultiMeasureRest (is

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Adds longas, maximas and non-standard tweaks to MultiMeasureRest (issue4536068)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 03:51:32 +0000

On 2011/07/26 22:47:53, Bertrand Bordage wrote:

> For example, what to do about 3/2?  We either get 2/1 rests, or 1/1
rests, and
> it is not clear to me that this rounding choice is necessarily the
same as
that
> for 3/4.
>
> I think it might be saner to [...]

This sounds complex...

How it works now is a little complex, but reasonable.

Both 3/4 and 2/4 have measure_duration_log=1 ask for half/minim rests,
rounding to shorter, but these are not on the default
usable-duration-logs, so we use the closest usable which are
whole/semibreve.  Correct.

3/2 has measure_duration_log=0 ask for whole rests by default.

If I want have my 3/2 music use breve multi-measure rests, I can
round-to-longer-rest=##t.  If I want my 4/2 music to use whole/semibreve
rests (more likely) I need to cut some entries from usable-duration-logs
-- I hope the Notation Reference teaches me how to do this.

P.S. Bummer about the missing log2() in freeBSD; they seem to have a
tracked bug about it.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4536068/